chessforyou Bettina&Terry77
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

how to deleted engine in flitz12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

how to deleted engine in flitz12 Empty
PostSubject: how to deleted engine in flitz12   how to deleted engine in flitz12 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 pm

can any1 tell me how to remove engine in flitz 12 as i hv loaded lots but unable to deleate
Back to top Go down
r00ki6
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
r00ki6

PostSubject: Re: how to deleted engine in flitz12   how to deleted engine in flitz12 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:00 pm

i don't know what is my fritz version.
in windows 7 you can go to directory:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI
and delete any engine you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how to deleted engine in flitz12   how to deleted engine in flitz12 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks for ur reply but when i go to chess bases i only found default engine since hv loaded ivan earlier version and firebird robbolito earlier version and when i load new version it says already exist but in chessbase folder in chess engine i dont find any of this engine so kindly tell me where can i found this engine and deleate them as i wanna load lattest version of these engine in flitz12 and in rybka3 .....kindly help me out to deleate the old version and reload with new version of firebird and ivanhoe 63............unable to find the engine in engine directory

thanksssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
r00ki6
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
r00ki6

PostSubject: Re: how to deleted engine in flitz12   how to deleted engine in flitz12 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 pm

in the folder that i wrote, you can find engines' files that you add. some engines other than default engines(and none of rybka, fritz, etc). for example you may see "FireBird 1.1 w32.uci" if you added it before. by deleting this file, it will remove from chessbase list. so first you must find that folder.
Back to top Go down
Bettina
Admin
Admin
Bettina

Female Posts : 914
Location : Bettina ( Sobel ? ) speakeasy 77>> Up All Night 77 >> Chelsea 77 >> little venice, maida vale 77 >> ???? Wendy D Green & Adnan Khashoggi know .... DO YOU ? £10,000.00 reward for information leading to me . but i am NOT here !

PostSubject: Re: how to deleted engine in flitz12   how to deleted engine in flitz12 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:11 pm

look here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

y rookie (**) [us] Date 2009-09-22 14:45
Thanks, everyone, for the replies. For the engine at issue, I have deleted all files that I can find and yet the ghost of this engine keeps showing up on the list. If I try to play it, no engine loads, reflecting the fact that the exe. file has been deleted. In the older Fritz GUI, there was a way to delete engines by directly clicking on them, but the newer, 'improved' GUI that came with Deep Fritz 11 does not seem to allow that.
Parent - By Permanent Brain (****) Date 2009-09-22 16:18 Edited 2009-09-22 16:21
You need to delete the related .uci file(s). The path also depends on the Windows version. Mine are in

C:\Users\User(*)\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI

*) your Windows user name here

If an UCI engine is "created" (= registered) in Fritz, it creates an .uci file for it. AFAIK that is the only reasen why the Fritz interface knows about that engine and shows it in the list, then.

Alternatively, the function "Engine Management" in Fritz allows to move the engine entries from the list of active engines to the inactive engines list, or back. (I'm not 100% sure if Fritz 11 still has this function but I guess so.)
Parent - By Asylum (**) Date 2009-09-23 08:42

>Alternatively, the function "Engine Management" in Fritz allows to move the engine entries from the list of active engines to the inactive engines list, or back. (I'm not 100% sure if Fritz 11 still has this function but I guess so.)

Yes, Deep Fritz 11 GUI still has the "Engine Management" function!
Parent By omprakash (***) [in] Date 2009-11-12 16:11

>Yes, Deep Fritz 11 GUI still has the "Engine Management" function!

Which never works.
Parent By mike27 (*) [us] Date 2009-12-13 19:12
This post worked for me. I'm so glad I found your post. I've been wanting to reorganize my folders for a while, as over time I've installed them all over the place. I've got Fritz 12, and the folder wasn't "roaming" for me, but the path is,

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAMEHERE.YOURCOMPUTERNAMEHERE\Application Data\ChessBase\Engines.UCI

The Inactive engines folder was in this file. When you delete the engines, you delete them from the list. In one of the other folders it has a list of engines, which apparently updates automatically. I figured you had to have the program closed, and did it that way for a while. But then I did it with the program open, and it worked fine that way too.

I had several duplicate engines in there too. One of the reasons I've wanted to do this is my tournaments have been acting squirrelly, and engines have been left in memory, and caused exceptions and problems. They should have a way to delete them from the program, rather than just moving them. One you've got one in Inactive engines, you can't move another one there, it balks, won't let you. Or more specifically, it acts like it's letting you, but it doesn't.

By the way, I deleted one of the two engines, and then they wouldn't load, so I'd just delete both of them (Fruit and Fruit(1), then reinstall them as UCI engines by the normal procedure, nice, neat, and clean.

I'm going to start my tournament, and see what's up. Now if I could just fix the problems with my Zap 9 engines. That program has been nothing but a headache since I got it. When I try to load it, it just closes Fritz 12, and acts like it is loading the engine.
Parent - By FWCC (***) [us] Date 2009-12-13 22:39
Yes that is a good question.I am having trouble deleting engines from the "INACTIVE ENGINE" list.Can't find them in any folder can someone help?I have old Fritz 10 GUI.Also I beleive this is why my Kn/s is low I have the Fritz 10 GUI when I upgrade to Fritz 11 or higher will this solve THAT problem as I think my Fritz 10 GUI is 32 bit.
Parent - By Permanent Brain (****) Date 2009-12-14 18:32 Edited 2009-12-14 18:36
The exact folder path depends on the windows version too, as microsoft changes a bit from version to version how user files are organized by default. I have the F10 (S11 SE) interface too, in Vista and the inactive engines list is:

C:\Users\User(*)\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines\Inactive Engines.list

*) your windows user name here

I am not sure though, if that list can safely be deleted... Also, I have some kind of mix-up because my previous GUI version was Fritz 8's, and the inactive engines (or the related .uci files) are under my custom Fritz/CB. installation path, still.

D:\Schach\ChessBase\Engines\Inactive Engines

To remove engines from there, I wouldn't delete the inactive engines list, nor delete the engines themselves unless there is a secure backup, but would try to move their files to another directory. - I don't think that it's risky to delete .uci files though, because these don't affect the installation of the UCI engines themselves anyway and could always be recreated.
Parent By JDrysdale (***) [us] Date 2009-12-14 19:42
I love a good shortcut. No matter what windows OS you are on you can type %appdata% into windows explorer and it will take you to the local profile's appdata.

Bettina  (Sobel ? )

speakeasy 77>> Up all Night 77 >>Chelsea 77 >> little venice 77 /Maida Vale >>>  ???? Wendy D Green  & Adnan Kashoggi know .... DO YOU  ? £2,000.00 reward for information leading to me . but i am NOT here !
Back to top Go down
https://morethanchessagame.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: how to deleted engine in flitz12   how to deleted engine in flitz12 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:55 pm

thanks you for this help ...as i can find the folder and deleate the engine ...well
but now when m going to load firebird or ivan63 in flitz it cannot load ....error message came must be modified...wat that is and how to resolve it???????????????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to deleted engine in flitz12   how to deleted engine in flitz12 Empty

Back to top Go down

how to deleted engine in flitz12
Page 1 of 1