chessforyou Bettina&Terry77
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 Empty
PostSubject: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Time control 3' +1 512 has, no ponder, book set at 10 moves both sides. Running on a Core I7 3.8ghz 8 threads each.

Hardly any difference between the engines and here is my proof from my testing.

Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 with 5 wins 36 draws and 8 losses elo differnece at -20. This is after 48 games. I would hardly call this ModB4 engine better at blitz. But would be interesting if others tested it and see what results they get. It may vary also. This is well within possible error bars of performace for both engines to be considered equal in strength.

48 games isnt really enough games but neither is a 100. more testing is needed, But i do not believe that peterpans engine is superior in blitz over Ghost2. I believe that both engine while different are much closer in strenght than some people might believe.
Back to top Go down
me4u
Admin
Admin
me4u

Male Posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:24 pm

id call 8 up 5 down better but then im sane enough to see its a good percentage better
half the games i played so think 16 up 10 down ,,get th picture
point / moral of tale very simple v...we use engines to pl;ay chess vrs other humans with engines ,,we dont play dozens of consecutive games so look for an edge ,and percentage odds demonstrate that if you and i met on a chess site and had same books and pc's and played 3+1 blitz id be 20 % plus favorite to win ,as it is i never play bleedin blitz but havent time to test 100 twenty minute games ,so appreciate your looking for better long time control engines and value your posts but not your sarcasm so less sarcasam more sence ok Rolling Eyes
also my games were ponder ON

Last edited by me4u on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:20 pm

My point is that there is enough devaition that it is possible that the engine is very close in strenght not far a part. I am sure you can test Rybka3 vs Rybka3 and come up with simular devations but they are the same engine. That is my point. My tests do not show a huge improvement as you were claiming. As far as claiming to have a strong edge in centaur vs centaur games. Well you can never really know for sure what hardware and opening book the opponent is using. Plus there is always the human factor. I have been on occasions able to find better moves while playing centaur games than what the computer is seeing. So there is also the human element coming in to play.

The biggest factor in centaur games will be Hardware and opening book and as long as the oppponent is using one of the top engines he stands a very good chance regardless.
Back to top Go down
me4u
Admin
Admin
me4u

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
My point is that there is enough devaition that it is possible that the engine is very close in strenght not far a part. I am sure you can test Rybka3 vs Rybka3 and come up with simular devations but they are the same engine. That is my point. My tests do not show a huge improvement as you were claiming. As far as claiming to have a strong edge in centaur vs centaur games. Well you can never really know for sure what hardware and opening book the opponent is using. Plus there is always the human factor. I have been on occasions able to find better moves while playing centaur games than what the computer is seeing. So there is also the human element coming in to play.

The biggest factor in centaur games will be Hardware and opening book and as long as the oppponent is using one of the top engines he stands a very good chance regardless.

i know your in america and american seem unable to comprehend plain english but try thinking common sense
i know if it was common most would have it ...even americans
reread my posts and if you still cant see the commen sense of a percentage or odds in favour of a 20 % plus showing which engine to use ( at least in blitz 3+1) drop the subject and think " agree to disagree " as your beging to piss me off...ponder ON
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 am

Ohhh now there is no need to be mad. I'm am not wanting to provoke anything. My point stands as is. I'm am sorry if it seems I offended you. and as for Americans not having common sense. Yes I am quite sure there is a few of Americans with that problem but, I am reasonably sure that this problem can be found else where too.........
Back to top Go down
me4u
Admin
Admin
me4u

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:30 am

it certainly can but americans insit on being the best at everything :)
thing is we agree we need an engine thats stronger on longer games
but although we agree in principle you seem to provoke with your phraseings ie " i hardly believe " facts are fact peter pans version beats testers in 3+1 blitz when useing ponder ON or off and on amd quad and an i7 And continue to miss or more likely ignoe what doesnt suit you point ,,,which i stand by ,,,we do not play oppents in dozens of consecutive games so cannot afford to keep loseing games even if 30 games further on we begin to beat them ...just doesnt happen like that ,books change etc etc
as re not knowing opponents pc's ,,most we do thogh not all
ditto books but we can tell from who theyve beaten drawn or lost to what streangth of book and pc they have
were no experts espesialy re programs but we know our enemy to a great extent
keep up good work , test jazztimes new compile vrs testers on long and short games maybe :)
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:57 am

Suffice to say i do agree with you statment that peterpans thus far has provben to atleast be slightly better. But one last thing it is interesting to note that is the last version of peterpans mod8 version that he incorpatates some of the piece values ideas found in ghosts engine...... interesting none the less. Maybe this newer version incorparates both engines strengths.
Back to top Go down
me4u
Admin
Admin
me4u

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 am

google " your pissing me off "
read jazztimes words with his post , he credited tester for some ideas ,,,unlike tester as he used jazzes scource file to compile his engines and never said thank you or kiss my ass , not sure wether you and he have a mutal admiration society thing going or what but cut the sarcasam and give respect where its due ok ...
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:40 am

Well i think they both deserve credit. :)
Back to top Go down
me4u
Admin
Admin
me4u

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 am

i agree
shame tester isnt as magnimose as jazz lil angel
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 am

by saying magnimose. your refering to being magnificent? Well i suppose you can say being an engine maker would be more magnificent.
Back to top Go down
me4u
Admin
Admin
me4u

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
by saying magnimose. your refering to being magnificent? Well i suppose you can say being an engine maker would be more magnificent.

ok pal google " gfy" ,,i suppose i coulud be makeing reference to " good for you ." ,,im NOT .
try engageing brain before fingers ,,tester used jazzes and vlads compiles and never credited them
this is last time im crediting you for past good works and i shall risk the girls admonishing me if you post one more attempt at sarcasam ok
Back to top Go down
Bettina
Admin
Admin
Bettina

Female Posts : 914
Location : Bettina ( Sobel ? ) speakeasy 77>> Up All Night 77 >> Chelsea 77 >> little venice, maida vale 77 >> ???? Wendy D Green & Adnan Khashoggi know .... DO YOU ? £10,000.00 reward for information leading to me . but i am NOT here !

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 am

MESSAGE FROM ANGELS77

Please Note
Any more of this and all posts will be deleated and a cooling off peroid awarded
Danke

Bettina  (Sobel ? )

speakeasy 77>> Up all Night 77 >>Chelsea 77 >> little venice 77 /Maida Vale >>>  ???? Wendy D Green  & Adnan Kashoggi know .... DO YOU  ? £2,000.00 reward for information leading to me . but i am NOT here !
Back to top Go down
https://morethanchessagame.forumotion.com
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

Female Posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:24 am

Thank you Bettina you are an Engle

thank you all
now...

salamsholompeaceandallthatjazz angelprays

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64   Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ivanhoe Ghost2 x64 vs Ivanhoe-B ModB4 x64
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chessforyou Bettina&Terry77 :: ENGlNES :: tests and tournements-
Jump to: