chessforyou Bettina&Terry77

chessforyou Bettina&Terry77

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Brainfish New book + engine.
Today at 10:38 am by Play4Fun

» Sting SF 9.8 update By Marek Kwiatkowski
Yesterday at 6:34 pm by Belladonna

» asmFishW 2018-02-15
Yesterday at 10:49 am by "B"

» McBrain v9 by Michael Byrne
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 am by "B"

» asmFishW 2018-02-11
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:16 pm by "B"

» UFO ctg
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:06 pm by rahulkapoor2019

» Droidfish for Android
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 am by st peter

» 9/02/2018 Stockfish development builds compiled by I. Ivec and L. Ljubičić inc new matefinder
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Wendy D Green

»  SF 9 !! latest version !! Introduce dynamic contempt
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 pm by Wendy D Green

Latest topics
» Brainfish New book + engine.
Today at 10:38 am by Play4Fun

» Sting SF 9.8 update By Marek Kwiatkowski
Yesterday at 6:34 pm by Belladonna

» asmFishW 2018-02-15
Yesterday at 10:49 am by "B"

» McBrain v9 by Michael Byrne
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 am by "B"

» asmFishW 2018-02-11
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:16 pm by "B"

» UFO ctg
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:06 pm by rahulkapoor2019

» Droidfish for Android
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 am by st peter

» 9/02/2018 Stockfish development builds compiled by I. Ivec and L. Ljubičić inc new matefinder
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 pm by Wendy D Green

»  SF 9 !! latest version !! Introduce dynamic contempt
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 pm by Wendy D Green

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
 


Affiliates
free forum
 



Share | 
 

 Fire 4 is available

Go down 
AuthorMessage
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
avatar

Male Posts : 727
Reputation : 1256
Join date : 2011-06-06
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Fire 4 is available   Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Fire 4
is a very strong, state-of-the-art, freeware UCI chess engine
 
it is designed for modern Windows systems, ]and supports the most recent processors

 
Fire (previously called Firebird) has been in continuous development since Jan. 2010
 
for more info about Fire, and other Chesslogik development efforts
click ][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


this archive includes optimized 32-bit and 64-bit binaries which should run on most systems

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]













[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 1027
Reputation : 3088
Join date : 2010-02-27
Location : ???

PostSubject: Re: Fire 4 is available   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:28 pm

st peter wrote:
Fire 4
is a very strong, state-of-the-art, freeware UCI chess engine
 
it is designed for modern Windows systems, ]and supports the most recent processors

 
Fire (previously called Firebird) has been in continuous development since Jan. 2010
 
for more info about Fire, and other Chesslogik development efforts
click ][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


this archive includes optimized 32-bit and 64-bit binaries which should run on most systems

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]













[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is Kranium doing a Juri and hiding a book in with engine ?
No engine should be 24 mb in size on phone

_________________
Bettina...............The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
VitruviusH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
avatar

Male Posts : 176
Reputation : 362
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : San Antonio, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Fire 4 is available   Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:41 am

Beautiful-Thanks.
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 1027
Reputation : 3088
Join date : 2010-02-27
Location : ???

PostSubject: Re: Fire 4 is available   Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:27 pm

goldminer_999 wrote:
LondonFrau wrote:

Is Kranium doing a Juri and hiding a book in with engine ?
No engine should be 24 mb in size on phone

Hi no there's no book hidden in there. Its just the way Kranium has compiled it. Basically the actual engine is only 150Kb but the EXE file has been blown up to 25Mb during the compile. The rest of it is just empty so 99% of the EXE files contains a simple block of 0-bytes with no code or data.  It doesn't do any harm or affect the perfromance of the engine, but may use slightly more RAM as a result.  
No offence to you intended but we've seen that story / excuse banded about and its ...
 sorry but we do not believe that story .kranium is  far to experienced a programer and compiler to make a 150kb into a24 mb ,, hes made 10000s of compiles and suddenly releases a inflate by empty space one is like saying Houdart never plagerized code to pass of as his own and sell  renamed clone engines  or that  kranium never did that either

btw its also a rubbish engine that cant even compete against houdini

_________________
Bettina...............The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 1027
Reputation : 3088
Join date : 2010-02-27
Location : ???

PostSubject: Re: Fire 4 is available   Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 am

goldminer_999 wrote:
LondonFrau wrote:
goldminer_999 wrote:
LondonFrau wrote:

Is Kranium doing a Juri and hiding a book in with engine ?
No engine should be 24 mb in size on phone

Hi no there's no book hidden in there. Its just the way Kranium has compiled it. Basically the actual engine is only 150Kb but the EXE file has been blown up to 25Mb during the compile. The rest of it is just empty so 99% of the EXE files contains a simple block of 0-bytes with no code or data.  It doesn't do any harm or affect the perfromance of the engine, but may use slightly more RAM as a result.  
No offence to you intended but we've seen that story / excuse banded about and its ...
 sorry but we do not believe that story .kranium is  far to experienced a programer and compiler to make a 150kb into a24 mb ,, hes made 10000s of compiles and suddenly releases a inflate by empty space one is like saying Houdart never plagerized code to pass of as his own and sell  renamed clone engines  or that  kranium never did that either

btw its also a rubbish engine that cant even compete against houdini


Hi,

No offence taken ! I don't disagree about it being a rubbish engine and I'm not really bothered as I won't be using it anyway, but just out of interest I checked what had been said about this on another well known forum. I have just opened up the EXE myself using a hex editor and analysed the code. There are 267 lines of proper code which is the engine and there are then about 265,320 lines that each contain a row of 16 zero's so are completely empty. So basically the EXE contains just over 4 million bytes of nothing-ness that definitely are empty spaces. No idea why or how this would happen but just letting you know what I found.
so delete the zeros and reseal x b .....................it gets hammered by houdini 4 ergo its pretty lame

_________________
Bettina...............The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
avatar

Female Posts : 1027
Reputation : 3088
Join date : 2010-02-27
Location : ???

PostSubject: Re: Fire 4 is available   Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE
This is a free engine so the fool that reported the forum for "hacking" it is a retard

[th]Page concerned by the abuse[/th][th]Number of abuses for this page[/th][th]Date[/th][th]Action[/th]
     [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
     Hacking

_________________
Bettina...............The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fire 4 is available   

Back to top Go down
 
Fire 4 is available
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Fire 2.2 xTreme
» Fire 1.4/Fire xTreme?
» New compile; Fire 2.2 INF DTU
» New compile; Fire-G 1.13 x64
» komodo 3 x64 vs. Fire 2.2 xTreme x64

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chessforyou Bettina&Terry77 :: Books :: Opening books ctg :: General :: News-
Jump to: