chessforyou Bettina&Terry77
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Stockfish 7 coming soon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

Male Posts : 733

Stockfish 7 coming soon Empty
PostSubject: Stockfish 7 coming soon   Stockfish 7 coming soon EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Stockfish 7 coming soon

A word from SF maintainer

zamar

7th November 2015

Dear Stockfish contributors and enthusiasts,

I've been very positively surprised by the progress that has been made since the release of Stockfish 6:
* The latest regression test showed ELO gain of 60 points in Single Threaded mode
* On top of this we have significant SMP improvements.

This is much more than I thought was possible. So well done, everybody! Together, with the right tools, we can make seemingly impossible things possible.

TCEC Superfinal has just started up. It's a good check point to see where we currently stand compared to Komodo. Again nobody can predict the result, which makes the final exciting to follow.
Game 1 (where SF unfortunately was on the losing side) demonstrated how well modern engines are able to understand positional compensation. Despite white being two pawns down, both SF and Komodo were able to see that due to positional factors (and maybe due to very very deep tactics) white was actually better. This wasn't the case 5 years ago.

Is it time for SF7? Soon, it will be. Again we will want to make a high quality release. We have just introduced new SMP implementation, and changed timer implementation, so we must not rush too much, to make sure that we give people enough time to test the new implementation and report any problems, and of course to see how we do in TCEC finals. So my current preference would be to release SF7 in early January 2016. We should have the same kind of 1-2 weeks freeze before the release as last time (We caught many important bugs last time during the freeze!).

Meanwhile keep the patches coming!
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
LondonFrau

Female Posts : 1291

Stockfish 7 coming soon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stockfish 7 coming soon   Stockfish 7 coming soon EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm

st peter wrote:
Stockfish 7 coming soon

A word from SF maintainer

zamar

7th November 2015

Dear Stockfish contributors and enthusiasts,

I've been very positively surprised by the progress that has been made since the release of Stockfish 6:
* The latest regression test showed ELO gain of 60 points in Single Threaded mode
* On top of this we have significant SMP improvements.

This is much more than I thought was possible. So well done, everybody! Together, with the right tools, we can make seemingly impossible things possible.

TCEC Superfinal has just started up. It's a good check point to see where we currently stand compared to Komodo. Again nobody can predict the result, which makes the final exciting to follow.
Game 1 (where SF unfortunately was on the losing side) demonstrated how well modern engines are able to understand positional compensation. Despite white being two pawns down, both SF and Komodo were able to see that due to positional factors (and maybe due to very very deep tactics) white was actually better. This wasn't the case 5 years ago.

Is it time for SF7? Soon, it will be. Again we will want to make a high quality release. We have just introduced new SMP implementation, and changed timer implementation, so we must not rush too much, to make sure that we give people enough time to test the new implementation and report any problems, and of course to see how we do in TCEC finals. So my current preference would be to release SF7 in early January 2016. We should have the same kind of 1-2 weeks freeze before the release as last time (We caught many important bugs last time during the freeze!).

Meanwhile keep the patches coming!
Good post but .....
We would prefer to hear from Marco rather than this guy whoever he is . the sad fact is that the compile playing in the TCEC final is suffering from a time control issue/ bug or the hardware being used affect its , check the games and you will see that it is way behind on time in each game and lost the 2nd game because of that , not because Komodo played better , even as white it did not , i sat through the whole game it was at best a draw without the time issue
The problem in this so called "super final " is that the Komodo team are free to plagiarize stockfish dervs as the patches and full code are for all . to tune Komodo to beat that compile is therefore pretty easy for experienced programmers , Don would not have stooped so low , we believe that Larry , and Mark would / have
Let them post their source code and prove me wrong gldvl

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down

Stockfish 7 coming soon
Page 1 of 1