chessforyou Bettina&Terry77
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Ippos UCI Chess Engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

Male Posts : 733

Ippos UCI Chess Engine Empty
PostSubject: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 10:59 am

Ippos UCI Chess Engine

ByAuthor darthjoww  

darthjoww wrote:

Ippos is a chess engine U.C.I. result of a long hobby work, done in my spare time.

A BIT OF HISTORY.
As a starting point I took the old Ippolit 0.80, the very old engine, from which came the much more famous RobboLito, Ivanhoe, Fire and Houdini came to the attention of the then general to be stronger world champion Deep Rybka 3.
Ippolit was rather unstable, was devoid of any adjustment (except the Hash) and had a time management rather improvised (supported only the flash mode to move bonus).

The significantly improved with RobboLito things that corrected many errors, offered a more "manageable list" (Ippolit was a monstrous block of almost 15,000 lines), a comprehensive and efficient Time Manager and great Table Bases (the famous Robbo Bases).
The series of Ivanhoe began to provide an SMP well structured and stable, but the authors of the program (the mysterious Decembrists smile.gif) focused exclusively on RoBBoBases and engine power game remained substantially unchanged.
Only by Fire there was a certain increase of the strength of play, but the real breakthrough came with Houdini which briefly became the strongest engine of the market and dominated the scene, virtually unchallenged, for several years.

IPPOS CHESS.
The idea of ​​this project was to trace the source, working directly on the old and original Ippolit vers. 0.80, in an attempt to improve it and extend it, but without going through the later (RobboLito, Ivanhoe, etc ...).
It 'was a job a long and sometimes tedious, but as he went along there have been rewarding and I finally managed to finish the first stable version.
The differences compared to the original are:

- Subdivision of the various functions in multiple listings, to work more comfortably and more effectively;
- Correction of a number of bugs;
- Expansion and improvement of the King-Safety (taking some ideas from stockfish);
- Expansion and improvement of evaluation functions;
- Expansion and improvement of pedestrian evaluation;
- Complete rewrite of the Time Manager;
- Extension of the evaluation functions of the end;
- Addition of some functions for the calculation of some typical end;
- Better management of Aspiration Window;
-best estimate of the value of the material;
- Introduction of some razoring functions;
- Introduction of a smooth scaling function in the calculation of null Moves;
- Last, but very long and laborious: implementation of multi-threading.

Many things still need to be optimized and other improved, but nevertheless Ippos has a good playing strength (albeit still far from the top-engines) and an enjoyable gameplay.

Fixed a small but annoying error in PV (Principal Variation) that sfalsava research.
Now the engine solves many positions more easily and quickly "puzzle".

Also found another small mistake in the Time Manager to which I gave a temporary solution.

Download Ippos 0101
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
LondonFrau

Female Posts : 1294

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 2:36 pm

st peter wrote:
Ippos UCI Chess Engine

ByAuthor Jason Bourne

darthjoww wrote:

Ippos is a chess engine U.C.I. result of a long hobby work, done in my spare time.

A BIT OF HISTORY.
As a starting point I took the old Ippolit 0.80, the very old engine, from which came the much more famous RobboLito, Ivanhoe, Fire and Houdini came to the attention of the then general to be stronger world champion Deep Rybka 3.
Ippolit was rather unstable, was devoid of any adjustment (except the Hash) and had a time management rather improvised (supported only the flash mode to move bonus).

The significantly improved with RobboLito things that corrected many errors, offered a more "manageable list" (Ippolit was a monstrous block of almost 15,000 lines), a comprehensive and efficient Time Manager and great Table Bases (the famous Robbo Bases).
The series of Ivanhoe began to provide an SMP well structured and stable, but the authors of the program (the mysterious Decembrists smile.gif) focused exclusively on RoBBoBases and engine power game remained substantially unchanged.
Only by Fire there was a certain increase of the strength of play, but the real breakthrough came with Houdini which briefly became the strongest engine of the market and dominated the scene, virtually unchallenged, for several years.

IPPOS CHESS.
The idea of ​​this project was to trace the source, working directly on the old and original Ippolit vers. 0.80, in an attempt to improve it and extend it, but without going through the later (RobboLito, Ivanhoe, etc ...).
It 'was a job a long and sometimes tedious, but as he went along there have been rewarding and I finally managed to finish the first stable version.
The differences compared to the original are:

- Subdivision of the various functions in multiple listings, to work more comfortably and more effectively;
- Correction of a number of bugs;
- Expansion and improvement of the King-Safety (taking some ideas from stockfish);
- Expansion and improvement of evaluation functions;
- Expansion and improvement of pedestrian evaluation;
- Complete rewrite of the Time Manager;
- Extension of the evaluation functions of the end;
- Addition of some functions for the calculation of some typical end;
- Better management of Aspiration Window;
-best estimate of the value of the material;
- Introduction of some razoring functions;
- Introduction of a smooth scaling function in the calculation of null Moves;
- Last, but very long and laborious: implementation of multi-threading.

Many things still need to be optimized and other improved, but nevertheless Ippos has a good playing strength (albeit still far from the top-engines) and an enjoyable gameplay.

Fixed a small but annoying error in PV (Principal Variation) that sfalsava research.
Now the engine solves many positions more easily and quickly "puzzle".

Also found another small mistake in the Time Manager to which I gave a temporary solution.

Download Ippos 0101

darthjoww  Is something of knob or a Houdart fan sort of an asshole knob maybe  Fact
 he overlooks s that Peter Pans compile of Decemberists  code Ivanhoe v63
that became the Worlds #1 MP chess engine followed by many oherIvanhoe engines
Houdini chess engine  came from a direct plagiarization ( denied but proven ) of Robbolitto source code
https://ivanhoe.wikispaces.com/

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 2:40 pm

IPPOS 0104 UCI Engine

Ippos UCI Chess Engine GetImage

Download IPPOS 0104
Back to top Go down
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 9:23 am

Ippos 1.06 Engine

Download
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
LondonFrau

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 2:22 pm

LondonFrau wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t1qcr3278egucii/ippos-0112.zip

New Link for IPOOS 0112 Engine

Download 0112

tchr
Back to top Go down
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Ippos 0120 Chess Engine

Download
Back to top Go down
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
LondonFrau

PostSubject: latest version 1.21   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 11:55 am

Ippos 0127 Engine

Download
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ippos UCI Chess Engine   Ippos UCI Chess Engine Empty

Back to top Go down

Ippos UCI Chess Engine
Page 1 of 1