chessforyou Bettina&Terry77
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo chess

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LondonFrau
Admin
Admin
LondonFrau

Female Posts : 1291

Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo  chess  Empty
PostSubject: Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo chess    Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo  chess  EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:50 pm

We plan a release of Komodo 6 on Friday.

This does come with some bad news concerning the future status of Komodo. As many of you know I have a fatal illness. It has progressed to a point where it has now become an acute form of Lukemia. I'm losing this battle. It is quite possible this will be the last Komodo release that I am involved in.

As many of you know I have a fatal illness. It has progressed to a point where it has now become an acute form of Lukemia. I'm losing this battle. It is quite possible this will be the last Komodo release that I am involved in.

But there are plans in the works to continue with Komodo. Larry Kaufman of course is my business partner and friend and he is intimately familiar with Komodo and is a big part of what makes it so strong and he does plan to continue. But don't count me out quite yet, I'm still fighting but it's unclear if I will have the strength to continue with computer chess and I will be on a type of chemotherapy indefinitely. There are more important things than computer chess which come first but if the energy is there I may be able to continue for a short time.

I don't want to sound too melodramatic here but I would like to say that I have very much enjoyed being a part of the computer chess community even with the battles that have gone on here! And all of those bad things I said about you ..... I take them all back Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo  chess  Icon_smile

Don

The news here is NOT as most all of the retarded in computer chess post . ie a new comercial engine

Sadly the news is of Don Daily's illness
, we here have argued with Don over several matters . mostly IPPOLIT related but we have found him a charming gentleman in all other matters and we  wish him and his family the very best

Victor Hugo
Back to top Go down
st peter
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
st peter

Male Posts : 733

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo chess    Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo  chess  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 am

Very sad news,  boowhoowhoo i wish Don and his family all the best.
Back to top Go down
Belladonna
Dark Angels
Belladonna

Female Posts : 585
Location : The covers (Bettina & Terry ) of this book (forum) are too far apart. ~ Ambrose Bierce

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo chess    Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo  chess  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Very sad news indeed rsinh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo chess    Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo  chess  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad News from Don Daily of Komodo chess
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chessforyou Bettina&Terry77 :: Books :: Opening books ctg :: General :: News-
Jump to: