chessforyou Bettina&Terry77
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
"B"
Admin
Admin
18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen 93-65

Female Posts : 1201

18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen Empty
PostSubject: 18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen   18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 6:03 pm

‘I’m satisfied’: 18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen – then says he could have played better
29 Jan, 2021 17:15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen 601440f285f5402f6c123976
Chess world champion Magnus Carlsen (left) was beaten by Russian prodigy Andrey Esipenko © Anton Vaganov / Reuters | © YouTube / Tata Steel Chess Tournament

Follow RT on[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Russian chess grandmaster Andrey Esipenko earned a huge upset by beating world chess champion Magnus Carlsen at a tournament – then claimed he had not felt pre-match nerves and humbly reflected that he “could have played better.”
The 18-year-old beat the world’s best chess player in style, inflicting a crushing defeat on the famed Norwegian in the Netherlands to end his impressive winning streak of 125 games.
Esipenko needed just eight rounds to crush the reigning World Chess Champion in 17 moves, recording Carlsen’s first loss since 2017.
The result was one of the most shocking defeats suffered by the Norwegian grandmaster since he was a teenager, when he lost to 16-year-old Anish Giri in 22 moves in 2011.
I think it’s one of the best days of my life,” Esipenko said, adding that Carlsen had always been an idol whom he had scarcely dreamed of beating.
Analyzing his sensational win, the Russian chess player insisted that the game was far from perfect and claimed he could have improved on the remarkable performance.
I can’t say I was nervous before the game," he [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. "Of course, there was a little excitement, but not more than usual.  But I really got nervous during the game after realizing that I could win it.
I have never played against him so I didn’t know what to expect. This is an entirely different level, as if I’m facing the unknown.
Of course, I’m satisfied with the result. But my game could have been better."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Doppelganger, theropodes, Belladonna, When D Green ? and vv56 like this post

Back to top Go down
http://chessagame.blogspot.com

18yo Russian genius scores sensational win over world chess champ Carlsen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chessforyou Bettina&Terry77 :: Books :: Opening books ctg :: General :: News-
Jump to: