chessforyou Bettina&Terry77
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO FORUM OF Angels77 * named in memory of Bettina & Terry
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

*** IvenHoe_v70 ***

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
"B"
Admin
Admin
***    IvenHoe_v70  *** 93-65

Female Posts : 1201

***    IvenHoe_v70  *** Empty
PostSubject: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down
http://chessagame.blogspot.com
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:31 am

BAH! The new version is locked at 4 threads max Sad Its not hard to compile it for as many threads as you want. Dunno why they cannot make one little change to have as many as 16 or 32 threads.. . Sad

Not that i need that many. But its nice to have for user users that can exceed 4 threads like on I7's or dual E7450 proc's that can have up to 12 threads total Sad
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

Female Posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:38 am

wajit@cfl.rr.com wrote:
BAH! The new version is locked at 4 threads max Sad Its not hard to compile it for as many threads as you want. Dunno why they cannot make one little change to have as many as 16 or 32 threads.. . Sad

Not that i need that many. But its nice to have for user users that can exceed 4 threads like on I7's or dual E7450 proc's that can have up to 12 threads. Sad

lol! ( Its not hard to compile it for as many threads as you want. Dunno why they cannot make one little change ) ok we send you the scource files and you do just that lol!

wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:28 am

hehe actually i probably can. it only takes like one change to the source file to allow your to open more than 4 threads that's it as far as i understand. all i would need is a complier that complatible with the source. and as long as the source has been pretranslated for a windows complie and not linux were good to go. since i am not an advanced programer. but i would be able to find the multi thread part of the source.
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:48 am

I went to the immortal forums where all this is happening in russia and asked why only 4 threads. Strange that ivanhoe v81a had atleast 8 thread max but the last few releases only have 4 max Sad

Even Igorrit v9 has 8 thread max and supposed plays better than all of ivanhoe thus far in slower time controls.
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:37 am

wajit@cfl.rr.com wrote:
I went to the immortal forums where all this is happening in russia and asked why only 4 threads. Strange that ivanhoe v81a had atleast 8 thread max but the last few releases only have 4 max Sad

Even Igorrit v9 has 8 thread max and supposed plays better than all of ivanhoe thus far in slower time controls.

Weve sent you the scource codes.......enoy :o :) :study: queen lol!

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:39 am

i dont understand why they r using down number for latest realese as it was ivanhoe 81 and lattest was 73 and now 70 its creates confusion ...and if anyone compile it kindly show us the result test versus the lattest realese of rybka, igorrit,ivanhoe,robbo etc.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Medjai
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Medjai

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:09 am

Hey there, new version?

How about a little 'What is new' when sending an engine?

Is it stronger? Faster? Options? What has changed? We wantt to know!! Well i do, before i do another engine tournament Wink
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Ivanhoe v70   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:56 am

Well i found the one area that has the main control over smp.....

}
if (!memcmp (string, "TitanicCPUsSizings", 18))
{
v = strstr (string, "value");
if (v)
{
Value = atoi (v + 6);
if (Value <= 0)
Value = 1;
if (Value > 64)
Value = 64;
if (Value > MAX_CPUS)
Value = MAX_CPUS;
CPUS_SIZE = Value;
SEND ("Optional TitanicCPUsSizings (Capitalist!) %d\n", Value);
}
}

Unfortunately the engine appears to have been setup to allow up 64 cpu's since the value allows this range. but for some reason it only allows me to use 4 threads not 8. not sure what t hey have broken on their code but it kinda sucks Sad
Although it mgiht be possible to break this chunk of code here

"92th plus 93th year from Revolution, PUBLICDOMAIN (workers)\n");
SEND ("id dedication To Vladimir Ilyich\n");
SEND ("option name Hash type spin min 1 max 65536 default 32\n");
SEND ("option name PawnsHash type spin min 1 max 1024 default 2\n");
SEND ("option name TitanicMode (Capitalist!) type check default false\n");
SEND ("option name TitanicCPUsSizings (Capitalist!) type spin min 1 max %d default 1\n", MAX_CPUS);
SEND ("option name Ponder type check default false\n");
SEND ("option name AlternativeTimeUsage (beta) type check default false\n");
SEND ("option name BufferTime (milliseconds) type spin min 0 max 10000 default 0\n");
#ifdef CON_ROBBO_BUILD

and allow the max to be what i want which would not be based on the forumla in first part of the code.
Back to top Go down
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:29 am

HAHA i found where the real problem is. This robbolito.h file needs to be change to raise the max active threads. here is the code....

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#define TRUE 1
#define FALSE 0

#define MULTIPLE_POS_GAIN FALSE
#define MULTIPLE_HISTORY TRUE

/* change the MAX_CPUS to a higher number like 16 or 32 for more threads!!!! */

#define MAX_CPUS 4 /* vary for increase */ <----- Why leave this at 4 max??????????????
#define RP_PER_CPU 8 /* per cpu */
#define MAX_SP 16 /* total splitpoints */

#ifdef WINDOWS
#include <windows.h>
#define NOME_WINDOWS
/* typedef ? */
#define sint8 __int8
#define sint16 __int16
#define sint32 __int32
#define sint64 __int64
#define uint8 unsigned __int8
#define uint16 unsigned __int16
#define uint32 unsigned __int32
#define uint64 unsigned __int64
#define INLINE _inline
#define atoll _atoi64
#define TYPE_64_BIT "%I64d"
#if 1
#define MEMALIGN(a, b, c) a = _aligned_malloc (c, b)
#define ALIGNED_FREE(x) _aligned_free (x)
#else
#define MEMALIGN(a, b, c) a = malloc (c)
#define ALIGNED_FREE(x) free (x)
#endif
#define __builtin_prefetch /* */

If i change the code and send it back to you. could you get them to compile it?
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:33 pm

why cant you do the rest ?

weve sent your posts to Igor camp cant do more sorry.... we have you and charlie here maybe others wlo are very clever , we set forum up to help people . please woek together,,,contact charllie ,,be Angels
we are very proud of you all :)

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://morethanchessagame.forumotion.com
wajit@cfl.rr.com
V.I.P.MEMBER
V.I.P.MEMBER
wajit@cfl.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 pm

I cannot do the rest since i do not have a proper compiler that can compile it for Windows. I have tried to compile it when Igorrit and Ivanhoe first came out with free compilers like Bloodsheed Dev C++ and miniGW. The problem is that even the free compilers like miniGW do not show the proper FLAGS to compile like POPCNT and a few others that are missing making the compiling difficult. Also tried to compile using a Linux live CD like Mandriva x64 but still didnt have the proper FLAGS for compile. Which is strange because I am using a Core I7 which is the latest processor and should have all the necessary FLAGS required for compile. FLAGS are built in CPU functions which are permanetly part of the CPU core functions. They cannot be changed or added. They are just there.

Unforunately I am not an expert on compiling although i understand some coding and its basics. I am merely a PC technician and network technician for a computer company. Unfortunately the compiling that is done by the Russians is mainly done on AMD Opteron server systems. and for some strange reason they can get it to compile without any problems on those type of computer systems. I do not have access to an AMD core server to test with.

P.S. I wish you could get them to compile it for higher max CPU's All they have to do is change the MAX_CPUS to a number higher than 4 like 8 or 16 or whatever before they compile it. If you could please pass that message to them and have them do that for the next version even if they dont want to fix what they already released it would be nice. Meanwhile I'll see if i can find a compiler that will work for it. or unless if there are any programmers on this forum that can direct me to the correct software for compile that would be great too.

Unforuntely this is not a simple run of the mill program or i would have compile it myself even way back when it first came out. Not only that but there are parts of the code that are not compatible with windows that need to be taken out or recoded to be adapted to windows since this program is orginally written in Linux and Linux has different execution behavior and libraries that do not exist in windows.
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:26 pm

we HAVE passed message on love, maybe charlie can advice you over software maxamilon also a programer...were pc / prog dummys we even lose our saved ganes data base every month[img]***    IvenHoe_v70  *** 138610[/img][img]***    IvenHoe_v70  *** Break10[/img]

PS somewhere in cuber space or depths of pc awaiting us to find = as good as lostll we coneact st jude maybe she helps , no ***** else does 😢

Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Medjai wrote:
Hey there, new version?

How about a little 'What is new' when sending an engine?

Is it stronger? Faster? Options? What has changed? We wantt to know!! Well i do, before i do another engine tournament Wink

we post for you to test and tell us love , vrs deep rykba 3 10 games easc ..no draws No

but has robbo table base enanled so soon should be stronger

Medjai
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Medjai

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 am

I dont understand, sorry. But how does the parameters added work? IT would be nice to have some explanation of the new details, and to be told if the strenght has been increased in some way, just some more info than just the link to download... that would just be cool. Now for the tests, i can run tests yeah...
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:30 am

Medjai wrote:
I dont understand, sorry. But how does the parameters added work? IT would be nice to have some explanation of the new details, and to be told if the strenght has been increased in some way, just some more info than just the link to download... that would just be cool. Now for the tests, i can run tests yeah...

RobboBases edited ... Downloading The Windows versions of RobboBases can now be downloaded from MediaFire.com...
Downloading
The Windows versions of RobboBases can now be downloaded from MediaFire.com with these links.
RobboTotalBases
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1337aa730e3ff99dc2b435915e8821d7396a67d4fcf700eeb878de785cc0f59e
RobboTripleBases
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1337aa730e3ff99dc2b435915e8821d7396a67d4fcf700eed9ecd7d091ba63d2
You need to make a root directory for both kinds of RobboBases. This is named with the UCI option. I use the name "RobboTotalBases" and "RobboTripleBases" for this.
Inside this, you need to make subfolders as with the MediaFire.com structure. For RobboTotalBases you need 3/ 4/ 5/ and for RobboTripleBases you needs 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ here. You also need to unzip INDEX3.zip INDEX4.zip INDEX5.zip for the RobboTotalBases and SMALL3.zip SMALL4.zip SMALL5.zip for the RobboTripleBases.
We are still missing COMP.KBPKQ as the proxy cache evicts it for being more than 100MB. The salvation of this was to split it into two parts that now need to be merged. They are in the RobboTotalBase MediaFire.com area and need to be put in the 5/ directory of the RobboTotalBases after the merging is done.
Methods
RobboTotalBases
The latest code implements a few more ideas (Huffman compression) for disk builds. Hyperindexing for 6-piece tables are still on the works.
RobboTripleBases are built from the RobboTotalBase information, but ordered as different. They are accessed in the immediate sense, with a encoding by runlength. The RobboTripleBases will initially check if a winning capture or queen promotion is available, and so recurse in that.
There was a bug in the original 085 build, but it is fixed in {RobboLito-0.085d-RB1b.tar} and now the option (in Makefile) for Windows style filenames exists, at least for RobboTotalBases. It is the case, though, that they have not been actually tested under Windows, and still would probably add more work before working completely. The code Igor included with 0.085f1 attempts to allow Windows names for the RobboTripleB

Medjai
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Medjai

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 am

do we leave INDEX3 as it is? I mean, the FILES in the Folder INDEX3, do we have to put them in the folder named 3? OR leave it as it is, a folder named INDEX3??

OR Put them directly (the files of INDEX3.zip) in the Folder RobboTotalBases??

Id need to clarify this and i am doing what you said right now .
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:21 am

Google CLEAR AS MUD l copy and paste for you...thats as good as l get , we NEED someone to do all thls for us, lm a blonde lol!

Medjai
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Medjai

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:20 am

You're not a girl lol,Razz

EHm, i am downloading all this stuff , kinda long.. lol

Ehm, also i'd like to know, how am i going to merge those 2 files that are seperated?? I dont know how!
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:07 am

Medjai wrote:
You're not a girl lol,Razz

EHm, i am downloading all this stuff , kinda long.. lol

Ehm, also i'd like to know, how am i going to merge those 2 files that are seperated?? I dont know how!

You're not a girl lol,Razz Question Arrow l beg your pardon Question l am 100% felmale and NOT your mother, and your close to a ban

Medjai
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Medjai

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 am

Why would i get banned? I see no reason yet, plus i am working for everybody here... let me know in a message what would earn me a ban, as i am simply asking simple details, and i doubted that you were a woman because i thought it was pretty rare a woman would be so IN for chess stuff, sorry if it is the case.

Now i have a little trouble, is it possible for someone to get me another link for this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mhym4nbmey

I cant download it, it freezes...

Why the ban??
Back to top Go down
Medjai
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Medjai

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 am

And if anyone knows how to merge the 2 files that were seperated, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Medjai wrote:
Why would i get banned? I see no reason yet, plus i am working for everybody here... let me know in a message what would earn me a ban, as i am simply asking simple details, and i doubted that you were a woman because i thought it was pretty rare a woman would be so IN for chess stuff, sorry if it is the case.

Now i have a little trouble, is it possible for someone to get me another link for this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mhym4nbmey

I cant download it, it freezes...

Why the ban??
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=73DRBRN3

Medjai
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Medjai

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Its not the right file. The one i cant get it COMP.KQBKQ
Back to top Go down
Angels77
Admin
Admin
Angels77

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 am

Medjai wrote:
Its not the right file. The one i cant get it COMP.KQBKQ

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QI95NYAS

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** IvenHoe_v70 ***   ***    IvenHoe_v70  *** Empty

Back to top Go down

*** IvenHoe_v70 ***
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chessforyou Bettina&Terry77 :: ENGlNES :: ALL ENGlNES :: ENGlNES & CODES :: IvanHoe Engines and codes-
Jump to: